EducationRICE UNIVERSITY - Houston, Texas
Bachelor of Arts received May 2010
Spanish and Hispanic Studies with Business Concentration and Certification in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages; GPA 3.7 / 4.0; GPA in major: 4.0
Houston, TX / Tucuman, Argentina 2007-present
• Over 300 hours experience over the past 7 years tutoring elementary, middle, high school, college, and adult students in Spanish and English
• Average improvement of about 2 letter grades within first month
FULL-TIME TEACHING EXPERIENCE
US DEPARTMENT OF STATE FULBRIGHT SCHOLARSHIP / ARGENTINE MINISTRY OF EDUCATION - Tucuman, Argentina
English Teaching Assistant March 2011 – December 2011
• Prepared and taught English and Culture courses to classrooms of up to 50 college students
• Led teacher training activities for practicing elementary school teachers
• Worked with language teachers at local area elementary, middle, and high schools to present on American culture and share best practices in English teaching
• Founded web-based English learning group for students of all ages, which is still active and has 150+ members
Advanced Spanish (Numerous Courses)
Contemporary Spanish Literature
Introduction to the Study of Languages
Theory and Methods of Teaching Languages
Language and Society
Words in English
CRITICAL READING: 800 (PERFECT SCORE)
WRITING: 700 (99TH PERCENTILE)
ESSAY: 6 (PERFECT SCORE)
HobbiesI have been tutoring since I was in college, and really enjoy working with students and the opportunity to help them succeed in life through developing their skills in a second language.
English is my native language, and I've been using Spanish (speaking, writing, etc) for about 12 years, including living abroad for a year.
In my spare time, I love cooking, eating, and being active, especially running.
I would love to work with you!
Inquire about this tutor
The tutor will respond if they are available/interested.